Wills & Trusts
Naples & Fort Myers Wills & Trusts Attorney
Why Create a Will?
While planning for the transfer of your assets after you pass away may seem depressing, it is imperative you make your wishes known via a will as soon as possible.
Wills are beneficial because they:
- Allow you to appoint a guardian/guardians for your children
- Can help you protect your business
- Can transfer assets to loved ones, charities, etc.
If you do not create a will prior to your passing, your assets may be transferred according to state law. A will also allows you to appoint a guardian for your minor in incapacitated child/children. If you pass away without appointing a guardian, the state will be forced to select an adult to care for your children. If you own your own business, a will can ensure your company passes to an heir or co-owner you trust.
How a Trust Can Benefit You and Your Loved Ones
Trusts are not solely for the rich and famous-if your net worth is over $100,000, it is ideal for you to create a trust.
Trusts allow you to accomplish the following:
- Distribute assets to loved ones without the cost and delay of probate
- Protect assets from creditors and lawsuits
- Name a successor trustee
- Dictate how your assets are distributed after you pass away
Protect Your Assets with a Trust
Creating a trust can provide you and your loved ones with added protection and peace of mind. A trust allows you to control how your assets are distributed, ensuring that your wishes are carried out after your passing. Our experienced wills and trusts attorneys at Law Office of Conrad Willkomm, P.A. can guide you through the process of establishing a trust that aligns with your specific goals and needs.
Benefits of creating a trust include:
- Asset protection: A trust can help protect your assets from creditors and potential lawsuits.
- Probate avoidance: By placing your assets in a trust, you can avoid the time-consuming and costly probate process.
- Privacy: Unlike a will, a trust is not a public document, providing you with greater privacy.
- Control over distribution: With a trust, you can specify how and when your assets are distributed to your beneficiaries.
- Tax planning: A trust can be a valuable tool for minimizing estate taxes and maximizing the value of your assets.
Don't leave the future of your assets to chance. Contact our Naples and Ft. Myers wills and trusts lawyers today to discuss how a trust can benefit you and your loved ones.
Call Our Naples & Fort Myers Will & Trust Lawyers
There are various types of trusts, and each have their own positives and negatives. If you are thinking of establishing a trust, speak with one of our Ft. Myers attorneys to determine which type of trust is best for you. If you do not have a will and/or trust and wish to create one, please contact the Law Office of Conrad Willkomm, P.A. today. We can help you determine which type of will/trust is best for you, as well as update it for you!
Secure your legacy with the help of our trusted will and trust lawyers serving Naples & Ft. Myers. We specialize in crafting personalized estate plans to protect your assets and ensure your wishes are honored. Whether you need a will, trust, or advanced healthcare directive, our team will guide you through the process with care and expertise. Don't leave your future to chance. Schedule a consultation with our experienced will and trust lawyers today and gain peace of mind for you and your loved ones.
“I will definitely contact Julia again for my legal needs.” - Liz F.
“I am extremely satisfied with Conrad Willkomm.” - Pat K.
“I would not hesitate to use its services in the future or recommend them to others.”